Pest Control Facts!
DID YOU KNOW?! Pest Control Edition
- Some male spiders pluck their cobwebs like guitars to attract female spiders.
- Ants do not sleep.
- When alarmed, Asian Lady Beetles spontaneously bleed from their legs.
- The American Cockroach has shown a marked attraction to alcoholic beverages, especially beer.
- In a study, Termites ate through wood two times faster when listening to rock music.
- Male fruit flies sing and dance to attract females.
- Researchers believe that bed bug populations spread so quickly because the females are constantly moving to get as far away from males as possible.
- During studies in which mice were exposed to the music of heavy metal band Anthrax, these guys killed each other.
- A cockroach can live over a week without its head. The roach only dies because without a mouth, it can’t drink water and dies of thirst.
- Mosquitoes have killed more humans than all wars in history.
- Rats contaminate and destroy enough food worldwide each year to feed 200 million people.
- Crickets hear through their knees.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour.
- When the only queen ant or termite dies, so does the entire colony because no new workers are born.
- Houseflies can taste with their feet — they have taste buds on them.
- To survive the cold of winter months, many insects replace their body water with a chemical called glycerol, which acts as an antifreeze against the temperatures.
- For every human there are about 1 million ants.
- Bed bugs can live for several months without a blood meal. This means they can linger in furniture for a long time until they are near a human host again.
- All insects on Earth would outweigh all animals if put on a scale.
- When honeybee queens are dying, they emit a pheromone that makes them smell like a stranger bee, so all the workers in the colony form a ball and kill her
If you are looking for Pest Control in Charleston, SC, reach out to Advanced Termite and Pest Control. We are highly experienced in a wide variety of pest control issues and would love to protect your property from pest damages.
Call us at (843) 795-6767